|Slip Resistance at 20kg/sqm
|Tensile Adhesion Strength at 28 days
|Initial > 0.5 Mpa, After Immersion >0.5 Mpa
|Tensile Strength at 28 days
It is a grey adhesive for fixing moderate/low porosity tiles and tile-on-tile application for internal wall and floors.
weber.set classic is a polymer modified cementitious tile adhesive for fixing ceramic tiles vitrified tiles and porous natural stones of regular size on wall and floor, over old tiles and other flooring material. It can be used over cementitious & self-leveling screeds for internal application only.Key Features:
- It is a ready to mix; a single component product.
- It has excellent adhesion properties; no slip is observed on vertical applications.
- Shrinkage cracks are minimized/eliminated due to its self-curing properties.
- Larger quantity of material can be mixed at a time due to its longer pot life.
- The tiled floor can be made available for foot traffic after 24 hours.
- It can be conveniently used for tile on tile application as it does not involve removal of earlier mosaic tile hence no debris, no dust.
- For internal application
It is recommended for application on cementitious substrates, self-leveling screeds and fibre cement boards.
Note - For application on any other substrate please contact Saint-Gobain Weber personnel for technical assistance.Direction For Use: Surface Preparation
- Clean the substrate of oil stains and bond inhibiting compounds. Also remove dirt, dust and laitance, if any, using high pressure water jet or any other suitable method.
- Ensure that the substrate is flat, stable, well adhered and has a normal absorption.
- Concrete screeds, plastered surfaces, block work and renders should be sufficiently cured to avoid shrinkage cracks.
- Correct the local undulations/damages at least 48 hours before the application of weber.set classic.
- Saturate the surface well and remove excess water before application of the tile adhesive.
- Gradually add 3 parts of powder to 1 part of water (by volume) and mix it to a smooth, workable paste.
- Do not attempt to extend the pot life by adding more water to the mix.
- After mixing allow the paste to stand for 2 minutes for it to mature.
- Apply weber.set classic over the surface using the straight edge of the notched trowel and then comb the applied adhesive on the notched side of the trowel to achieve the desired thickness. If the adhesive is buttered to the tile, then ensure proper coverage of the surface to evade voids.
- Firmly press the tile into the adhesive to ensure good initial bonding.
- For 3mm bed thickness the coverage will be 4-4.5 kg/sqm
- Note: The coverage will vary depending on surface undulations
- weber.set classic - 20kg (retail pack)
- weber.set classic 30 - 30 Kg (retail pack)
- weber.set standard - 30 (project pack)
1 year from the date of manufacturing, for unopened bags, stored in a dry condition.